Sunday, March 18, 2007

Watching March Madness while in Japan

Just a quick post.
I've talked about watching U.S. sports while in Japan before. Well, right now it's March and the NCAAs are already into the second round. Of course there's pretty much no way to see college sports on Japanese TV but thanks to CBS we can catch the first three rounds on the internet for free! Go to March Madness on Demand and sign-up. You may have to wait in line for some of the more popular games (I'm not sure why I was able to get in as soon as I logged on -- it may have something to do with location. I may be the only person in Japan up at 2:30 in the morning watching college basketball) but it's better than nothing. I'm watching Xavier vs. OSU right now!

Update: Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster! Guess what? I've been watching games off and on since I first wrote this post. Seven hours and six games later I'm eating breakfast and getting ready to go out. It was a great day for basketball as three games went into OT and so far today (only two more games left) no game has been won by more than seven. MMoD was pretty good at the beginning but after a while (I think as the number of games and thus viewers increased) the picture started to go out (but the sound kept going -- I had to minimize then re-open the window) overall, I'm going to keep this site bookmarked for the future, wherever I am. I miss March Madness!

No comments:

ShareThis